Job ID: HAS20171002-32276
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Math Editor for our SpringBoard program, to be resident in the College Board's New York City headquarters.
This position reports to the Math Editorial Director and is a key member of the SpringBoard content development team. The Math Editor actively supports the development and refinement of market-competitive mathematics curriculum, assessments and instructional products for SpringBoard, including both print and online learning products from inception through production of bound books and digital content. The Math Editor facilitates and reviews the work of writers/authors and vendors with a focus on content editing, layout, composition and design. The editor is expected to write, edit, copyedit, and proof as needed to maximize product content, quality, and marketability while meeting deadline and budget goals.
- Review the content and editorial work conducted by content authors and external vendors
- For assigned editorial projects, leads project-planning on time and on budget
- Implement editorial and composition guidelines
- Liaise with development houses, online content partner, and printing vendors
- Maintain up to date knowledge on related, competitive products and instructional needs of teachers and schools
- Approaches content design and development with an understanding of customer needs
- Support communication about the product in sales trainings, professional development, marketing materials, correlations and other support materials to ensure effective promotion of the math products/programs
- Examine state and national standards and conduct and/or review alignments and correlations of SpringBoard content to standards
- Minimum BA or BS required; degree in math preferred
- Three to five years experience in math publishing at the grades 6-12 level
- Experience working with multi-level and multi-component products in both print and digital formats
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience in teaching math preferred.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Effective management skills and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated creative ability and problem solving skills
- Excellent editing skills
- Strong familiarity with curriculum and assessment design
- In-depth knowledge of math including all high school content areas and courses
- Industry knowledge of most competitive K12 math programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to educators and other constituents at various levels
- Strong technical skills; computer literacy, including the full suite of Microsoft office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% or more
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to manage complex projects to successful completion
If you are interested in joining the College Board and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by following the link below to send us your resume and a brief introductory cover letter that includes salary expectations.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel Less than 25%
Areas of Expertise Curriculum Design/Development
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 2-3