Saint Mary's College of California: School of Economics and Business Administration
Assistant/Associate Professor, Tenure-Track, Data Science
Location: Moraga, CA
Closes: Oct 1, 2016 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The School of Economics and Business Administration at Saint Mary's College seeks candidates for a tenure-track faculty position at Assistant or Associate Professor level in Data Science, beginning Summer 2017. Built upon the Catholic values and 150 years of Lasallian tradition in education, Saint Mary's College emphasizes social justice and global perspectives in its scholarly research, curricular and co-curricular programming. We are particularly interested in faculty candidates whose research and teaching interests will contribute to the intellectual activities of the department.
Saint Mary's College of California is a private, comprehensive and co-educational institution that engages students in rigorous critical thinking, promotes social justice, and educates the whole person. Recognized among just forty exceptional institutions in Colleges That Change Lives—and the first Catholic and first California College to be included—Saint Mary's is praised for its challenging and supportive learning community. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Liberal Arts, Catholic, and Lasallian institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life. Located on a stunning 420 acre campus in the Moraga Hills outside of San Francisco, Saint Mary's is known for its rigorous liberal arts education and high quality graduate programs, including business, education and leadership. Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 highly diverse students, reflecting the College's commitment to the educational benefits of inclusion.
- Candidates will be expected to teach a variety of courses including data science, data visualization, business intelligence, and statistics and to have proficiency in multiple software packages (e.g., R, SAS, SQL, etc.). This position at Saint Mary's College includes courses at off-site locations in San Francisco, Silicon Valley and San Ramon.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate active research on cutting-edge analytical methods in business and its applications to the environment and society. Duties will include research and teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Advising students and serving on committees and expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
- Earned doctorate in Statistics or in a closely related field required, before commencing his or her academic appointment.
- Demonstrated track record or potential for teaching excellence, scholarly research and publication in the field.
- Teach, advise and mentor a culturally and educationally diverse student body.
- Appreciation of and deep respect for the learning/teaching environment and for the students, staff, and faculty who comprise it and the willingness to become a stakeholder in the Lasallian commitment to that environment.
- Demonstrated commitment and success working in a diverse and multicultural community.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at: http://apply.interfolio.com/36967
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications of the position and are prepared to support the mission of the College.
2) Candidates should submit; a complete and current vita; and as available, graduate transcripts; student evaluations, copies of publications; and four academic references.
Deadline: Consideration and review of applications will begin on September 1, 2016 continue until filled. Application materials and inquiries will be held in strictest confidence.
Further inquiries may be made to: Professor Anh Nguyen, Chair of Search Committee at email@example.com. All applicants shall also submit their applications online at jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Saint Mary's is an equal opportunity employer, and does not tolerate any type of unlawful discrimination. Saint Mary's makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and seeks the most appropriate person for every job, taking into account an applicant's qualifications for the position relative to other candidates, and an indication of willingness to support the traditions of the College, including its Catholic identity. College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency