Appointment: The University of Puget Sound invites applications for a one-year visiting instructor in Mathematics beginning Fall Term 2017.
Responsibilities: Duties include teaching a mix of introductory mathematics courses, including introductory statistics. The standard teaching assignment is three courses per semester.
Qualifications: A master's degree in mathematics or a closely related field and a commitment to liberal arts education are required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Rank: Visiting Instructor
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
About Puget Sound: The University of Puget Sound is located in Tacoma, Washington, a vibrant, diverse mid-sized urban port city. Within, and near, Tacoma there is ready access to urban, rural, and natural areas as well as opportunities to participate in a wide variety of cultural activities.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than March 31, 2017 to ensure consideration.
Please submit curriculum vitae (CV) when prompted to submit resume. Additional documents can be attached within the application before submission. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Teaching statement
- Three (3) letters of reference. You will be asked to specify the email addresses of reference providers at the time of application and the system will email these providers on the next business day.
- Teaching materials (such as sample syllabi)
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.